Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with the Indian River County Sheriff's Office.
The IRCSO is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F, EOE/ADA Compliant. The IRCSO is a Drug Free Workplace. The IRCSO is a Veteran's Preference Workplace
Prior to hiring, the following requirements must be successfully met:
- Candidates must have established Florida residency at time of hire.
- The applicant must be of good moral character.
- Employment for any position requires a high school diploma or a G.E.D. unless otherwise stated for specialized positions which may require a college degree or specialized certification(s).
- Before employment, a candidate will have a complete physical health examination administered by our health vendor. The examination includes, but is not limited to, an EKG, blood labs, hearing and vision tests, and a tuberculosis test. A psychological screening is required for certain positions.
- An out-of-state candidate who is offered a position must obtain a Florida driver's license state issued Identification Card prior to first day of employment.
- Applicants for a CallTaker position must pass a CritiCall test to qualify to become a candidate.
- The applicant must never have been convicted of, pled no contest to, or had adjudication withheld for a) any felony or b) any misdemeanor involving perjury, false statement, or crime of moral turpitude.
- The minimum age for civilian positions is 18 years. Applicants for state-certified deputy sheriff positions must be 19 years or older. There are no upper age limitations for any positions. Proof of age requires a birth certificate issued by a state, county, or municipal authority. A birth certificate issued by a hospital is not accepted. A current and valid U.S. passport may be used in lieu of a birth certificate to submit an application, but the applicant must obtain a certified copy of a birth certificate and submit it to Human Resources to be included in the application file.
- The applicant must not have received a dishonorable discharge or a general discharge under other than honorable conditions. A general discharge under honorable conditions or an uncharacterized discharge may be accepted subject to further investigation
- Applicants for certified deputy sheriff positions must be U.S. citizens. A birth certificate or Certificate of Naturalization must be presented to confirm citizenship. A current and valid U.S. passport may be used in lieu of a birth certificate to initially submit an application, but the applicant will be required to obtain and submit a certified copy of their birth certificate or Certificate of Naturalization as soon as possible. U.S. citizenship is not required for positions other than state-certified deputy sheriff positions. Applicants for civilian positions who are not U.S. citizens must have a current and valid Permanent Resident Alien Card (1-551) or a current and valid Employment Authorization Card (1-766)